Monday, November 9, 2009

just the beginning....

being one who has started so many journals over the years only to leave them on the nightstand after a couple of night, here we go again. Randy thinks I don't need another thing, but I'm REALLY wanting to keep this up. Here's the twist, I found a website - http://www.30daysofthanks.com/ - that got me remembering back one year - it was December (OK nine months but...) and Ryan was in the hospital after his back surgery. Life was really really complicated and it seems as though nothing was going the why I felt it should. So I thought of focusing on what was going right and not what was going wrong - basically what to be thankful for so I started a blog in the hospital. So, jump ahead one year - life is still complicated but managable and I can't say I've followed through on the "focusing" part or the blogging but we're going to give it another try. My hope is that Ryan and Sydney will be able to read these postings and learn a little about their mom and what life was like during the crazy times.


Oh, ya, also I need to post a daily "thankful" so, here's todays...this may be a little cheesy but today I'm thankful for my family - hubby (Randy), awesome son (Ryan - 16) & sweet daughter (Sydney - 7). We all have our own little quirks but if you have the right attitude, it's awesome.