Saturday, February 13, 2010

microwaves...

day 12 - love microwaves: one of the lovely robotic parents brought over two frozen lasagnas, bag of salad and a load of awesome bread.  the best part was that the lasagna's were microwavable.  now to me cooking in the microwave is yuck - the microwave is for popcorn, heating water for tea, defrosting chicken, you don't cook in it.  but that's me and i am feeding boys remember.  so plop them in, cook 10 minutes, look at it, cook another 7 minutes (i was actually suppose to cook 14 minutes on 50% but for some reason my microwave "tells" me "that option is not available now" - what's the deal with that - i've told people that and they look at me like "you just can't figure it out" which makes my nosterils flair because ... well, that's another post... so getting back to my lasagna...cook another 7 minutes (you know it actually takes about 30 minutes in the microwave to "cook" a frozer lasagna - i know that's know really a lot of time but i thought "it's microwavable - should be done in at the most 10 minutes. then you're suppose to let it sit for 5 minutes (wouldn't it be cold by then) - but it was perfect.  a little crisp around the edges but really good.  now this was a mostly cheese lasagna with a little bit of sausage on top so i think that's the key.  so thank you mr. (or ms.) microwave inventor, you came through tonight!